NCIO Rises for Climate, Jobs, and Justice in San Francisco
On September 8th, 2018, No Coal in Oakland joined 30,000 marchers from around the Bay Area, California, the U.S. and the globe “to demand our elected leaders commit to no new fossil fuels and a just and fair transition to 100% renewable energy” at the coming week’s GCAS and beyond. The San Francisco march — Rise for Climate Jobs + Justice — lived up to expectations, and the 50+ panel street mural at Civic Center was awesome. See 350.org’s press release & photo albums on Flickr for a rich chronicle of the day; the full-size aerial photo of the murals surrounding Civic Center Plaza, shown in lesser-resolution at the top of this article, is from 350.org’s Best of Rise for Climate San Francisco album.
Here are a few of NCIO on the march (photo credits below):
And here’s a chronicle of the street mural No Coal in Oakland and many friends painted on Grove Street at Larkin (upper right in the aerial shot above):
Photo credits, from top of page:
- Aerial photo of Civic Center street-murals: 350.org (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0).
- Orange bus: Frances Kendall
- Yellow banner, “Ban Coal in Oakland”: Kamryn Nayeri
- Banner with “No Coal” street-mural image: Tim Kingston
- Street mural painting at Civic Center: Steve Masover